In-Street Base Pedestrian Crosswalk Safety Sign Specifications:
Our In-Street Pedestrian Crossing Panels provide enhanced conspicuous for both signalized and un-signalized pedestrian crossing areas.
- 12"x44" Panel (Double Sided) Fluorescent Yellow Green
- 10"x24" White Hi Intensity insert
- Anti-Twist Feature
- Fully Impactable
- Highly Visible
- Fully tested and NCHRP350 approved
- Designed to take impacts and re-orient towards traffic
- Signs are manufactured with 3M Diamond Grade Fluorescent Yellow Green Sheeting with White Hi Intensity Sheeting Insert
- meets MUTCD Section 2B.12 In-Street Pedestrian Crossing Signs (R1-6, R1-6a)
- Stop, Yield and School option
- Bases are made from 100% recycled rubber
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Dimensions: 34" x 14" x 2"
- Base comes standard
- BLACK BACKGROUND
- YELLOW (RETROREFLECTIVE) YIELD SYMBOL
- RED (RETROREFLECTIVE) ON WHITE (RETROREFLECTIVE) PED SYMBOL
- BLACK ON WHITE (RETROREFLECTIVE)
In-street crosswalk signs must be installed at uncontrolled pedestrian crossings to make the crosswalk more visible and increase drier yielding. They are more likely to be effective on two-lane, low-speed streets than on multi-lane, high-speed streets, and are prohibited by the 2009 MUTCD at signalized intersections. They can be easily damaged and need to be reset or replaced when damaged.
In-street pedestrian crossing signs should be placed at the crosswalk in the street or on a median, but should not obstruct the pedestrian path of travel. In-street signs can be permanently installed in the roadway or mounted on a portable base to allow them to be taken in and out of the street as needed. When portable in-street signs are used for school crossings, they should be monitored by a school official or adult school crossing guard.