SURFACE APPLIED DETECTABLE WARNING SYSTEM
TRUNCATED DOME DETECTABLE WARNING SYSTEMS
The most trusted truncated dome tactile pavers solution in the world.
- For use in Retrofit applications
- Large perimeter beveled edges for smooth transition
- Secured with color matched fasteners and structural adhesive
- Surface applied tiles are 1/8" thick with beveled edges
- Standard sizes: 24" x 36", 24" x 48", 24" x 60", 36" x 48" and 36" x 60"
Surfaced Applied Tactile, available in both Rectangular and Radius, is made of a colorfast and UV stable homogenous glass and carbon composite with fiberglass truncated domes for enhanced durability. The Surface Applied Tactile is used to retrofit over an existing concrete substrate and can be installed in as little as 10 minutes.
All of our truncated dome tactile surfaces are in full compliance with the American Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG), Public Right-of-Way (PROW) and California Title 24 Requirements. ADA Solutions Inc., products are approved for use by all major municipalities, DPW’s and state DOT's.
- DOME GEOMETRY In accordance with ADA Regulations for Detectable Warning on Curb Ramps: raised truncated domes with a diameter of nominal 0.9”, a height of nominal 0.2”, and a center-to-center spacing of 1.67” minimum and 2.35” maximum.
- TWS UNIT DIMENSIONS TWS Units are available in 24”x36”, 24”x48”, 24”x60”, 36”x48”, and 36”x60” sizes. TWS Units may also be custom configured to accommodate specific project requirements. TWS Units measure 0.20” nominal thickness and feature embedment ribs at 3” on center.
- MATERIAL A homogenous glass and carbon reinforced composite which is colorfast and UV stable. Truncated domes are fiberglass reinforced for enhanced durability. The color of the TWS Unit is uniform throughout and does not rely on any type of paint coating to achieve color stability. Standard colors include: Federal Yellow, Brick Red, Clay Red, Safety Red, Gray, Black, and Blue.
- INSTALLATION TWS Units are to be used on new curb ramp locations. The TWS Units can be pre-filled with concrete and set in place or pressed into place in the freshly poured concrete
- PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Compressive Strength 28,900 psi ASTM D 695 Flexural Strength 29,300 psi ASTM D 790 Water Absorption .07% ASTM D 570 Slip Resistance 1.18 Dry, 1.05 Wet ASTM C 1028 Flame Spread Index 20 ASTM E 84 Salt Spray No Change (200 hours) ASTM B 117 Chemical Stain Testing No Deterioration ASTM 1308 Abrasion Resistance 549 ASTM C 501 Accelerated Weathering Delta E?