CAST IN PLACE TACTILE SURFACE
The proven and most trusted Truncated Dome Detectable Warning solution in the world.
- For use in new curb ramps or new construction
- Pressed into place in freshly poured concrete
- Cast-In-Place Tiles have a 1/4" nominal thickness and feature embedment ribs 3" on center through entire length of tile
- Plastic sheeting protection covers entire surface of Cast-In-Place Tile
- Standard sizes: 24" x 36", 24" x 48", 24" x 60", 36" x 48" and 36" x 60"
Cast in Place Tactile is made of a colorfast and UV stable homogenous glass and carbon composite with fiberglass truncated domes for enhanced durability. The Cast in Place Tactile is used for new curb ramps or new construction applications and is a great long-term solution for any project, under any weather conditions.
All of our truncated dome tactile surfaces are in full compliance with the American Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG), Public Right-of-Way (PROW) and California Title 24 Requirements. ADA Solutions Inc., products are approved for use by all major municipalities, DPW’s and state DOT's.
- DOME GEOMETRY In accordance with ADA Regulations for Detectable Warning on Curb Ramps: raised truncated domes with a diameter of nominal 0.9”, a height of nominal 0.2”, and a center-to-center spacing of 1.67” minimum and 2.35” maximum
- TWS UNIT DIMENSIONS TWS Units are available in 24”x36”, 24”x48”, 24”x60”, 36”x48”, and 36”x60” sizes. TWS Units may also be custom configured to accommodate specific project requirements. TWS Units measure 0.20” nominal thickness and feature embedment ribs at 3” on center.
- MATERIAL A homogenous glass and carbon reinforced composite which is colorfast and UV stable. Truncated domes are fiberglass reinforced for enhanced durability. The color of the TWS Unit is uniform throughout and does not rely on any type of paint coating to achieve color stability. Standard colors include: Federal Yellow, Brick Red, Clay Red, Safety Red, Gray, Black, and Blue.
- INSTALLATION TWS Units are to be used on new curb ramp locations. The TWS Units can be pre-filled with concrete and set in place or pressed into place in the freshly poured concrete.
- PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Compressive Strength 28,900 psi ASTM D 695 Flexural Strength 29,300 psi ASTM D 790 Water Absorption .07% ASTM D 570 Slip Resistance 1.18 Dry, 1.05 Wet ASTM C 1028 Flame Spread Index 20 ASTM E 84 Salt Spray No Change (200 hours) ASTM B 117 Chemical Stain Testing No Deterioration ASTM 1308 Abrasion Resistance 549 ASTM C 501 Accelerated Weathering Delta E?